Degree or Diploma
John Brown Media is part of a leading global content marketing agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Boston, Madrid, Dubai, Helsinki and Hong Kong. We produce award-winning, engaging content across print and digital platforms. Our clients include Pick n Pay, BMW, Life Healthcare, DionWired, Discovery, Old Mutual, and Spur locally, and Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank and Hannaford globally. John Brown is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group.
John Brown Media is seeking to appoint a copywriter with experience in health and wellness content creation to produce accurate, engaging and entertaining copy. The position is based in Cape Town.
The ideal candidate has a passion for all digital media and producing outstanding editorialised content. You will need to drive digital content proactively, continually looking for opportunities to improve content across platforms and push the boundaries with world-class work.
- Copywrite for all digital platforms, including but not limited to long-form content, social media, newsletters and websites
- Interpret and deliver to client brief
- Produce and maintain high-quality content
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends and frequently bring new ideas to the table
- Explore opportunities to grow traffic, reach and engagement on all digital platforms, in collaboration with the digital editor
- Read and interpret Google Analytics and social media reports
- Collaborate effectively with the traffic and design team to ensure a smooth production process
- Liaise with developers and/or content managers with respect to the uploading of content, QA and trouble-shooting
- Excellent copywriting skills and a portfolio to prove it
- An interest in health and wellness. Experience in the field would be even better!
- A degree or diploma in journalism, copywriting or a related field
- At least 2 years experience in a publishing or agency environment
- Excellent command of the English language
- A good understanding of how to optimise content for the relevant platform
- A love for the digital and social-media space
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Positive attitude, energetic approach and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO and HTML
Please forward a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: #Digital copywriter
CLOSING DATE: 27 May 2019
PREFERANCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.