DIGITAL DESIGNER –
Degree or Diploma
Junior to mid level
John Brown Media South Africa is part of the global John Brown Media Group and our local clients include Pick n Pay, BMW and MINI, Old Mutual, Discovery, Spur and Life Healthcare, as well as Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank and Loblaws, among others, globally.
We are seeking a digital designer to work across a number of exciting accounts. The position is based in Cape Town and will report to the Group Digital Art Director. If you are more than just a pixel pusher and are passionate about world-class, award-winning digital creative we want to hear from you.
- Develop designs for multi-platform digital projects
- Take and interpret creative direction from the Digital Art Director
- Participate in defining the design brief or setting up the design concept to answer the brief for new multi-platform projects
- Understand usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
- Research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
- Contribute to any existing design styles and ensure that any design work for new multi-platform projects supports or evolve these where appropriate
- Re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
- Keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with team members and divisional design teams
- Produce best-in-class work
- Experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
- A strong digital portfolio
- Must be confident working in a collaborative team environment
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML5 & CSS
- Experience in newsletter design, animated banners and infographics
- A passion for everything digital
- Ability to follow creative direction
- Attention to detail
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Patient and flexible
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and creative
- Multimedia and motion graphics
- Video editing with Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro
- Basic understanding of WordPress, PHP and Bootstrap
- Illustration experience
Please forward a detailed CV to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 30 April 2019
In line with our EE policy and requirements preference would be given to a suitably qualified person from the designated groups. However, all applications will be considered.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.