DIGITAL DESIGNER –
Degree or Diploma
John Brown Media South Africa is a leading content marketing agency with offices in twelve cities globally. We produce award-winning, engaging content across multiple channels. Local blue-chip clients include Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, BMW, Life Healthcare, DionWired, Capitec and Spur. Global clients include Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange France, RBS Bank, Hannaford and Spinneys. John Brown is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group.
John Brown Media South Africa is seeking to appoint a mid-weight Digital Designer. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Group Digital Art Director.
- Understand the client’s business and brief and interpret it into designs that engage and perform
- Develop designs for multi-platform digital projects under the direction of the Digital Art Director
- Produce creative digital interfaces and design elements (responsive websites, apps, email campaigns, banners and social media)
- Roll out creative concepts across platforms
- Research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas.
- Repurpose existing elements and templates as required.
- Keep abreast of industry design developments and technology and interpret how these would impact projects from a user perspective.
- Tertiary-level education in digital design or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of UI Design and web digital principles
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a design studio or creative agency.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Video editing and motion graphics knowledge (After Effects preferable).
- Understanding of UX best practices
- Good understanding of responsive web design, Bootstrap and grid systems
- Ability to interpret brand guidelines & design principles for online media.
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- Prototyping and simulation
- Front-end web experience
- Presentation design within Keynote and PowerPoint
CLOSING DATE: 3 January 2020
Please forward a detailed CV to email@example.com
PREFERANCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.