Degree or Diploma
Mid to Senior
John Brown Media, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group, is seeking to appoint a senior Digital Editor in Johannesburg to produce and manage digital content for a key insurance and financial client. The role reports directly to the Digital Director.
The ideal candidate has a passion for all digital media and is experienced at combining data and journalistic expertise to deliver compelling branded content that delivers results for the client.
John Brown Media is part of a leading global content marketing agency with offices in eleven countries. We produce award-winning, engaging content across digital and print platforms. Our clients include blue-chip brands such as Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, Life Healthcare, Discovery and Capitec locally, and Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank, Hannaford and Spinneys globally.
- Be the custodian of quality multi-media content on digital platforms that include a website, mailers and social media
- Interpret client briefs and deliver to brief
- Attend client meetings and be a client-facing point of contact, supported by the Account Director
- Conceptualise monthly content plans
- Write articles that resonate with the audience and are imbued with brand values
- Brief and commission freelancers
- Repurpose and edit content
- Upload all content to the CMS
- QA and troubleshooting as required, directing technical queries to stakeholders
- Make image recommendations and work with the in-house design team
- Continually look for opportunities to improve content across platforms and push the boundaries with world-class work
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends and frequently bring new ideas to the table
- Explore opportunities to grow traffic, reach and engagement on all digital platforms
- Read and interpret Google Analytics and social media reports, report back on the results to the business and apply learnings to the content strategy
- Work with the strategist, ATL and data teams to deliver a content that is aligned to the overarching brand strategy
- A degree or diploma in journalism, copywriting or a related field
- At least 4 years’ experience working as a Digital Editor (or similar role) in a publishing or agency environment
- Experience producing branded content
- A portfolio of written work that is representative of your writing skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- An excellent understanding of how to optimise content on different platforms
- A good knowledge of a content management systems, Google Analytics, SEO and basic HTML
- The ability to work well in a small team
- A positive attitude, energetic approach and a high level of self-motivation
- The ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Please forward a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PREFERANCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.