Degree or Diploma
John Brown Media South Africa is seeking to appoint a Digital Strategist. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Digital Director.
John Brown Media South Africa is a leading content marketing agency with offices in twelve cities globally. We produce award-winning, engaging content across multiple channels. Local blue-chip clients include Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, BMW, Life Healthcare, DionWired, Discovery, Capitec and Spur. Global clients include Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange France, RBS Bank, Hannaford and Spinneys. John Brown is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group.
The ideal candidate has a passion for all digital media and producing outstanding editorialised content. You will need to drive digital content strategically, continually looking for opportunities to improve content across platforms and push the boundaries with world-class work.
- Develop content-led digital strategies, including but not limited to social media, websites, video, podcasts and email campaigns
- Work closely with the digital editors and account directors to bring innovative ideas to the table, identifying synergies and strategic content opportunities
- Consult, liaise and align with our partner agencies to deliver well-rounded strategies
- Consult and facilitate discussions with service providers (videographers, writers, animators, audio studios, content specialists etc) to deliver best-in-class strategic work in niche fields
- Research, source and introduce new digital trends to John Brown
- Create and distribute trend reports designed to educate and upskill staff and clients in their understanding of new platforms and techniques
- Oversee Google Analytics and social media reporting and derive learnings and improvements from the data
- Frequently review KPIs, ensuring that we meet, and exceed, objectives and show measurable ROI
- Manage the social media strategist and social media team and provide mentorship to junior writers and digital editors
- 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a digital agency or content marketing environment
- An in-depth understanding of the principles of content marketing
- Experience managing and mentoring junior employees
- Passion for and knowledge of the digital landscape, trends and technology
- Knowledge of digital/email/mobile campaigns, campaign reporting, Google Analytics and website development
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Proactive self-starter with energy and capacity for new and engaging ideas
- Positive and solution-orientated
- Clear thinker with strong analytical skills
- Effective time and task management
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and delegate/manage accordingly
Ref: #Digital Strategist
CLOSING DATE: 14th August 2019
Please forward a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PREFERANCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.