Group Account Director: Johannesburg
Degree or Diploma
Group Account Director
JOHN BROWN MEDIA:
John Brown Media South Africa is seeking to appoint an Group Account Director. The position is based in Johannesburg and will report directly to the General Manager.
John Brown Media is a leading global content marketing agency with 12 offices globally and two in South Africa. John Brown’s has extensive content expertise in the retail, health, fashion, finance and lifestyle sectors and pride themselves in producing award-winning content across multiple platforms and mediums.
GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR – This position is to support the General Manager with the overall implementation of publishing strategies and assist in controlling and managing all business aspects of the Johannesburg accounts, including negotiations with suppliers and clients. You need to be a strategic and solutions orientated thinker, an innovator and a leader of your team. You need to be able to set up and communicate clear and attainable challenges for your team.
- Strategy: Implementation of client strategy across multiple platforms, all requirements managed and overseen
- Client Service: Excellent client service and client liaison on a day to day basis
- Budgets: Budget setting, management and achievement of budgets
- People: Manage permanent staff and secure the best freelance talent to execute the work required
- New business: Identify and create opportunities or extensions for existing clients that will sustain and grow John Brown Media
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior client service role
- Excellent understanding of both print and online content platforms
- Proven track record in the content marketing industry
- Experience in healthcare, ecommerce or retail environments will be an advantage
- Experience in identifying commercial opportunities to grow revenue for the business and our clients
- Excellent financial management acumen (budget setting and management)
- Attention to detail and accuracy, following up to ensure that all commitments are fulfilled
- Accountability, ensuring projects are completed in timely manner, closely monitoring activities
- Results orientated
- Entrepreneurial thinker with highly influential, motivational personality
- Well connected and strong relationships with clients
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Flexible and resilient, occasional travel will be required.
Please forward a detailed CV to Careers.SouthAfrica@dentsuaegis.com
CLOSING DATE: 19 July 2019
Reference number: #Group Account Director (to be quoted in the subject line of the application email)
In line with our EE policy and requirements preference would be given to a suitably qualified person from the designated groups. However, all applications will be considered.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown Media South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.