John Brown South Africa, part of a global leading content marketing agency, is looking for a dynamic, commercially minded, digitally savvy star to lead our largest blue-chip account as Group Account Director. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the General Manager.
If you are an innovative, strategic, creative thinker with a passion for food retail and enjoy working in a flexible and dynamic environment with significant growth potential, this is the job for you.
Join our multi-award-winning team to conceptualise and develop content solutions across a range of channels aided by our unique proprietary data and analytics tools as well as our global network.
- Driving the content strategy across several business units and platforms, including print, video, digital, social media, events, staff comms, etc.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Content Director to deliver world-class, robust business solutions and excellent client service
- Driving commercial results and measurable ROI for the client and agency
- Strategy: Implement client strategy across a range of platforms, and manage and oversee all requirements
- Relationship management: Deliver outstanding client service to your clients, partner to curate and execute an appropriate contact strategy and client service plan, and ensure that the scope of work is delivered to a consistently high standard
- Monitor and measure performance: Effectively manage and monitor the quality of work, ROI to client and profitability of the account across all content deliverables
- Budgets: Set, manage and achieve budgets
- Team: Manage your own growth and that of your team
- New business: Identify and create opportunities for business growth
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior client-service role
- Excellent understanding of both print and online content platforms
- Proven track record in content marketing
- Experience in the food, e-commerce and/or retail environment
- Experience in identifying commercial opportunities to grow business and client revenue
- Excellent financial management acumen (setting and managing budgets)
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and ensuring that all commitments are fulfilled
- Accountability, ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner, closely monitoring activities
The role calls for someone who is:
- An entrepreneurial thinker with a highly influential, motivational personality
- Well-connected with strong client relationships
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Flexible and resilient
- Travel occasionally, when required
Please forward a detailed CV to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 27 March 2020
Reference number: Group Account Director (to be quoted in the subject line of the application email)
John Brown is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants who fulfil the above criteria will be considered. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.
John Brown South Africa is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group, a leading global content marketing agency that produces award-winning content that lead to measurable ROI for blue-chip clients. South African clients include Pick n Pay, Old Mutual Corporate, Capitec and Life Healthcare; global accounts include Waitrose, John Lewis & Partners, Hannaford, Loblaws and Orange France.