JOHN BROWN MEDIA
John Brown Media South Africa, part of a global leading content marketing agency, is looking for a dynamic, commercially-minded, digitally-savvy star to lead our largest blue-chip account as Account Director. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Managing Director.
By joining our multi-award winning team you will be conceptualising and developing content solutions across multiple channels aided by our unique proprietary data and analytics tools and access to our global network.
If you are an innovative, strategic, creative thinker with a passion for food retail and enjoy working in a flexible and dynamic environment with significant growth potential, then this is the job for you.
- Driving the content strategy across multiple business units and platforms including print, video, digital, social media, events, staff comms, etc.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Content Director to deliver world-class, robust business solutions and excellent client service
- Driving commercial results and measurable ROI for the client and agency
- Strategy: Implementation of client strategy across multiple platforms, all requirements managed and overseen
- Relationship management: Responsible for delivering outstanding client service for your clients. Partner to curate and execute an appropriate contact strategy and client service plan, ensuring the client scope of work is met to a consistently high standard
- Monitor and measure performance of delivery across the different facets of content deliverables through effective management and monitoring of quality of work, ROI to client and profitability of the account.
- Budgets: Budget setting, management and achievement of budget targets
- People: Responsible for managing your own growth and that of your team
- New business: Identify and optimise opportunities for business growth
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior client service role
- Excellent understanding of both print and online content platforms
- Proven track record in the content marketing space
- Proven track record in motivating advertising sales teams to achieve targets across digital and print platforms
- Experience in the food, ecommerce or retail environments
- Experience in identifying commercial opportunities to grow revenue for the business and our clients
- Excellent financial management acumen (budget setting and management)
- Attention to detail and accuracy, following up to ensure that all commitments are fulfilled
- Accountability, ensuring projects are completed in timely manner, closely monitoring activities
- Results orientated
- Entrepreneurial thinker with highly influential, motivational personality
- Well-connected and strong relationships with clients
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Flexible and resilient, occasional travel will be required.
Please forward a detailed CV to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
Reference number: Account Director (to be quoted in the subject line of the application email)
John Brown is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants who fulfil the above criteria will be considered. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.
John Brown Media is part of a leading global content marketing agency that produces award-winning content for blue-chip clients that lead to measurable results. Local clients include Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, Capitec, Budget Insurance, BMW Motorrad, Life Healthcare and global accounts include Waitrose, John Lewis, Hannafords and Loblaws. John Brown is part of the dentsu Group.