John Brown Media is part of a leading global content marketing agency with offices in 11 countries. We produce award-winning, engaging content across digital and print platforms. Our clients include blue-chip brands such as Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, Capitec, Hippo, Budget Insurance, BMW Motorrad, Life Healthcare and global accounts include Waitrose, John Lewis, Hannafords and Loblaws. John Brown is part of the Dentsu Group.
John Brown Media is seeking to appoint a Community Manager in Cape Town. The role reports to the Digital Strategist. The ideal candidate has a passion for social media communities and an interest in connecting brands with people. You will need to facilitate conversations across social media accounts proactively, continually look for opportunities to better engage with the community using insight from sentiment and conversation tracking (using social media tools) and identify conversations that the brand can take part in. Copywriting capabilities and sass are crucial!
- Writing copy that captures the brand tone and personality.
- Grow a fan base for through effective brand positioning.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to leverage activity and ensure brand consistency.
- Build consumer trust.
- Develop engaging and meaningful interactions with the community to build an online relationship with them.
- Always-on monitoring of the brand and its competitors’ social media platforms.
- Daily monitoring of brand conversations on our social platforms ensuring timely responses to queries.
- Moderate conversations within the community.
- Support in social media crisis management.
- Maintain a view of what is trending on social media including hashtags and creative ideas – sometimes involving participation.
- Respond to requests and facilitate responses with the client.
- Assess competitor performance to extract insights on organic and paid content.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports that provides an overview of content performance and insights (engagement, page growth sentiment, competitor activity).
- Boost organic content with paid media budgets on Facebook and Twitter.
- 2-3 years working as a community manager in a content marketing or agency environment
- Extensive understanding and experience working with social media tools (e.g. Falcon, Brandwatch, etc.)
- Well-versed in competitor tracking
- Experience in monitoring consumer sentiment
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating conversations for a brand
- Strong copywriting skills
- Comfortable in reviewing and interpreting data with an ability to compile community management reports
- A ‘people-person’ with a great customer service skillset.
- Good listener, empathy and adaptability.
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with high pressure situations.
Please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Brown is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants who fulfil the above criteria will be considered. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.