The Front-End Administrator works in collaboration with editors, designers, developers and production teams. They must be comfortable with custom WordPress themes and responsive design and have a strong understanding of digital operating systems, Google Analytics and banner ad types in order to fully manage the back end of the client website and digital requirements.
- Full front-end maintenance of client website, including SEO implementation, performing small bug fixes, updating plug-ins and fixing broken links (with the support of a freelance developer as and when needed)
- Accurately upload and publish content via WordPress, at times using short codes and making occasional WordPress template enhancements
- Implement and facilitate Google Analytics tracking and event implementation
- Aggregate data, analyse it and deliver monthly Google Analytics performance reports that include recommendations for improvement of creative and campaigns
- Tag all content for SEO, including metadata, alt text, etc.
- Upload programmatic banner ads, tag, test and manage accordingly
- Upload content via Contentstack CMS
- Migrate staging links to live site
- Store and maintain a secure document for all logins and passwords for all back ends and CMS platforms
- Manage the development and maintenance of automated reporting dashboards
- Discover underperforming areas of the website and opportunities to improve performance
- Regularly audit and perform QA on digital platforms to identify issues and ensure they are performing optimally
- Problem-solve and efficiently resolve technical challenges with designers, editors and freelance developers when required
- Newsletter preview and Q & A testing for desktop and mobile email clients
- Everlytic database and security management
- Website cross-browser testing and enhancements
- Collect data and insights and create monthly reporting
- University-level education in front-end web development and analytics, or an equivalent work experience.
- At least 2–3 years’ experience working with content management systems and databases
- WordPress proficient
- Strong understanding of Everlytic and newsletter deployment software
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of Google Ads and Google Tag Manager
- jQuery & SEO
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite
- 1 June 2022
John Brown Media is part of the dentsu Group, a leading global content marketing agency with offices in 11 countries. We produce award-winning, engaging content across digital and print platforms. Our clients include blue-chip brands such as Pick n Pay, Old Mutual, Capitec, Hippo, Budget Insurance, BMW Motorrad and Life Healthcare, and global accounts include Waitrose, John Lewis, Hannaford and Loblaws.
Working with Us:
It’s an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences and opportunities that shape your future.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We’re proud to be different, and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great; we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. That’s what we care about.
So, whether you’re joining us or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create equal opportunities for everyone.
- Application deadline: 20 May 2022
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position: Front-End Administrator
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.