Online Content Creator and Community Manager
John Brown Media South Africa is seeking to appoint an Online Content Creator and Community Manager. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Digital Editor.
The main role of the Online Content Creator and Community Manager is to craft content on all digital platforms for clients in food retail. Your copy should meet the brief, connect with the audience in new and innovative ways, and represent clients in the best possible light.
- Write for all digital platforms, including but not limited to social media, newsletters, websites and banners
- Copy-edit, proof and fact-check written work
- Brief in design requirements to design studio
- Compile monthly social media and website reports for respective channels and campaigns
- Assist social media team with scheduling, monitoring and managing of social media content
- Stay abreast of current social media trends and constantly seek opportunities to build brands’ social media presence
- Oversee social communities and user-generated content elements
- Respond to customer queries within escalation protocols, turning customer comments into conversation
- Attend occasional photoshoots and video shoots to ensure briefs are being met
- A degree or diploma in journalism, copywriting or a related field
- 3 years’ experience working as a writer on digital mediums
- Excellent command of the English language
- Discerning eye for content (both written and visual)
- A passion for food- and lifestyle-related topics
- A love for the digital and social media space
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team and take direction from the Digital Editor
- Positive attitude, energetic approach and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate in a busy work environment
- Basic HTML and SEO knowledge
- Familiar with effective use of SEO
- Experience working with a content-management system
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
The successful candidate is resourceful, dynamic, innovative, creative, detail oriented, flexible, patient and has excellent organisational skills.
Please forward a detailed CV to email@example.com
Reference: Content Creator
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Note: If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.